Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

Hello, my name is Lauren and I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High School. I was born February 26, 2004, which makes me a pisces, in South Florida. My mother's side of the family is from Germany and my father was born in Haiti. I happen to be a varsity soccer player, a majorette in the band, and a choreographer for the dance team at my school. My favorite color is purple, my favorite show is Stranger Things, and my favorite food/snack are French fries. In the future, I would like to pursue a career in performing arts, whether it's acting or dancing or maybe even both! This AICE Media Studies class  could definitely lead me on the path in that industry. I choose to take this course for that reason and because I am very curious on the process of making movies, television, commercials, etc.

I have lived in South Florida my entire life. As a child, I took up baton twirling, ballet. tap, and lyrical dancing with ribbon work. I continued this until I was around 5 which, which is when I began kindergarten. About two years later, I was introduced to the sport of soccer which I immediately took a liking to and became good quick. During my early soccer career, I also took a liking to competitive cheerleading and returned to ballet. I competed for cheer for about three years before I decided to focus on soccer and ballet. When I got to middle school, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a well rounded dancer and began taking jazz and lyrical. Now, I play soccer, take technique classes, baton twirl and choreograph for the dance team at my school.

As I stated before, I am very fond of the arts and want to be apart of the overall process when I am older. AICE Media is a great way for me to apply what I have learned in previous AICE courses about writing and analyzing to a subject that I'm actually interested in. I haven't gone into much depth researching for college yet, however, I see NYU as a possible option because of the success among students in the industry. Not only will AICE Media give me an opportunity at an AICE Diploma, but it will also give me intel on what I may need to know for my future. I was an active member of the National Junior Honor Society at my middle school, and maintained a very high GPA. I happen to be a Great Explorations in Math student which means I am taking Pre calculus as a sophomore instead of a senior. Overall, I feel that my grades and programs that I have been apart of lay a strong foundation for my college career. AICE media studies is one of these programs that will help me get far in my preferred job industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment