Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review

A few days ago, we had to turn in our films for a peer review. We also had to peer review someone else’s film. The film we got was called Red Dot. Overall, I enjoyed it and it definitely helped me to see some of the problems in my group’s film. For example, their film told a story for the first two minutes. Since my team didn’t get to film all the scenes we would have liked to, our story doesn’t make sense. To go along with this, the editing was last minute, making it choppy. Even with the negatives, we still had some positives. Our movie was within the time frame. We also were able to fit all of our titles in. Our lighting was both good and bad. It was hard to film the ominous scenes in the dark with minimal light. Lastly, I believe our sound was great, but we should have added our music in to set the scene. Without it it’s just a confusing mess. One thing I would change about the Red Dot movie is add some other sound other than music. It kinda gave off a trailer idea instead of the first two minutes of a movie. My favorite part of their movie we’re all the creative angles they used in the scenes were the girl is seeing the future. Going into the re-filming and re-edits, my group will definitely use Red Dot as an example. We also need to try and film the majority of our film on a camera rather than a phone camera. When putting it onto a computer, the quality wasn’t as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment