Friday, December 11, 2020

Filming Blog: Chloe's Scenes

Our next step in filming was to film the scenes for each individual girl. Since the film follows the girls home after their outing at the park, we continued to film outdoors, but this time we were outside of my teammate's house. We decided to start with my scenes first (I play the role of Chloe). We started by filming me walking into the house. This portion was filled with tracking shots and medium close-ups to show my facial expressions and body language. It was also to show the atmosphere around me so that the audience knew where I was in the house. Savanna and Sophia (my group) collaborated on directing and setting the scene while I prepared props and went over the screenplay. Our movie is mostly silent, so I don't have any lines once I get to the house. However, I had to remember where I was going and what I was doing in each scene. After walking inside, we filmed scenes of me in the kitchen. My character struggles with body image issues and goes to eat in the kitchen. We filmed my close-ups of me taking food out of the fridge and placing it in the microwave. The last scene is a medium close-up of me looking at the food before getting up and walking away. The next scenes were filmed in a bedroom. We used tracking shots, medium close-ups, and a bird's eye view angle to give the audience an idea of the setting as the story continues. We also used a long shot to show Chloe looking into the mirror, examining her body.  Included in the bedroom scenes, were scenes in the bathroom. Here, extreme close-ups, low angles, point of view shots, and close-ups were used. The bathroom is the most intense setting in Chloe's scenes. The addition of extreme close-ups was for the audience to realize what was going on in Chloe's head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment