Saturday, December 26, 2020

Editing Blog: Blending the Clips as One

My group decided that it was time to begin editing. In the previous blog, we imported our videos into iMovie. We then organized them in chronological order. Instead of keeping them in the small import section, we dragged them to where the clips are merged. At the end of this process, we had all of our uncut clips lined up next to one another. We watched through it once before continuing. When we were sure that the shots were in place, we each went through and cropped each video to make sure that the movie wouldn't be choppy. We took turns actually editing, but all pitched in. For example, while Savanna was editing, Sophia and I were making sure we followed what was written down in the storyboard. Our job was to communicate as a team to complete this together. After Savanna, I edited. My main goal for this year was to try and make the shots have smoother transitions. My teammates were really helpful with this and we were able to learn from one another. Instead of editing our own scenes, we decided it would be better to do others. This way we could give feedback and learn from our mistakes as the director behind the camera. For example, I edited some of Savanna's scenes and some of Sophia's scenes. Working as a team to edit was definitely a change. Last year, I did most of the editing which was really difficult. I didn't know how the software worked and had to constantly edit random things in my free time. However, due to the extra collaboration and awareness of the program, I feel more confident with the editing process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment