Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Re-Edit Blog: Movie Titles and Creative Reflections

After our peer review, my group and I had a bunch of editing to redo. Our final product for the peer review didn't have all the scenes or titles which was frustrating. After our reshoot, we quickly went to work to fix the movie. We made the decision as a group to erase some of the clips and titles and start fresh. All of the erased scenes were reshot and replaced. All of the titles were erased and then put back in order when the scenes were finished being edited. In class a few weeks ago, we began re-editing as a group. My team member Anishka and I worked on reviewing the clips and figuring out what needed to be improved. We also decided to find new music. We looked for the perfect score for a while and we found the one. It's called "The Disappearance" by Emmett Cooke. Unfortunately, the website we found it on placed an audio recording every few seconds that announced the website's name. We figured out a way to work around these without drastically altering the music. About a week and a half later, we were sent home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We decided it would be easier if I finished all of the editing since the software was already on the computer and the movie. Over the next few weeks, I edited the new clips and put them all together. I also added all of the titles, in order. Between all of these new edits and starting from scratch, the editing for this movie took me about a week and a half. The movie ended up being 1 minute and 55 seconds. Lastly, I sent the movie to my group members for their opinions and they approved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment