Sunday, April 5, 2020

Editing Blog: Adjusting Titles

Since we were able to find a day to film the remaining scenes we needed for our movie, our main goal was to get it together and get the titles in. Due to the fact that we weren't completely done by the time of our peer review, all of the titles were there but not in the places we wanted. Instead of just moving the titles around, my group and I kept the few that were good and deleted the rest to start off on a clean slate. We decided to keep the same theme of contrasting memories with the present by using different styled titles. During the present moments, the titles are bold and a dark, blood red to show the killing aspect of the movie. Then for the past moments, we put white tiles in a pretty font that's appealing to an audience. Lastly, for those moments where its in the past but it's still the same day as the present scenes (a short term flashback) we mixed the two styles. I've been editing the movie on Movie from my personal laptop. This is because laptops with editing software from school couldn't be distributed to specific students. For this reason, I have been the only person editing and it's been a lot. For previous projects, I have done the majority of the editing. However, usually my group mates could easily help me. Now, I have to download every rough draft of the final project and send it via email or text message which can take a while. This has made the editing process very tedious. It has also been a bit different because I can usually get my work done for this AICE Media class in school. The school district in my area is currently shutdown until May, but it's possible we won't go back until the fall. We are on an online learning setting. I've had to start balancing this work with my other online classes. So far, since I began working on this earlier in class, I've been able to keep up with fixing our movie and other assignments. Below is a picture of what the opening of the movie looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment