Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

Hello. As you know my name is Lauren and I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am in the program to receive my AICE Diploma and I am an honor student. I play soccer, dance, and twirl for my school's majorette team. Over the course of the year, I've been taught the filming process in this AICE Media class and applied them to multiple projects. By far, my favorite part of the entire process has been filming. It's amazing to see the storyboard made by my group come to life. With that being said, there are three other students doing this project with me. Anishka and Aaliyah are sophomores just like me and Jahrvia is a junior.

Since beginning this course, I've learned many different camera angles, shots, movements, and the dynamic sounds and editing bring to a film. As stated before, my favorite part of the filming process has been filming and I'm most excited fo that. In this task, I will be acting in it and also editing a majority of the film. Instead of sticking to the same angles and editing we have done in the past, I am looking forward to trying new things such as an action match or a sound motif. During the commercial project, I would say I need to improve on my sound editing. The music was quite loud and it was difficult to hear the dialogue. As for the music video project, I believe that I could make it a little less choppy and some scenes need better lighting. By applying these corrections to this final task, my group and I believe we can make this project so much better.

A pitch is a film encapsulated in 25 words or less, it's usually one sentence.

Pitch 1: All of the most infamous antagonists join together to wreak havoc on the world. This pitch falls into the horror genre because it's meant to scare the audience. The antagonists would include villains such as Dracula, Frankenstein, and Penny Wise.

Pitch 2: A bridesmaid  is obsessed with the bride, her twin and she plans to kill her in order to take her identity. This pitch falls into the thriller genre because it is meant to create suspension and fear in the audience. The bridesmaid envy's her sister and will go great lengths to take over her life even if that includes killing her.


 Pitch 3: A person (or group) kills people who have been listed for committing the seven deadly sins. This idea is in the horror/thriller genre because it is a film that will induce terror in viewers. The killer in this film would be a person that personally knows each of the people listed. Therefore, the killer would have reason for murdering each person.

Below are a few pictures of my group and I discussing and coming up with pitch ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment