Monday, November 30, 2020

A Small Setback in Filming

 Over the past week, my group and I had planned to begin filming our short film. However, we had a small delay if plans. As American students, we had November 23rd to 27th to take a break from school and celebrate Thanksgiving with family. This break was also an opportunity to have some free time away from schoolwork. A few days prior to the break, I was told that I needed to make a trip to Colorado to visit my grandmother and deal with a family loss. I left before break and continued my virtual learning from Colorado. Although it was nice to visit my family, there was still the matter of filming. We needed to decide how filming would work with me being in another state. It wouldn't be a good idea for me to film by myself at my grandmother's house because if we needed to do re-shoots, I wouldn't be in the same setting. As a group, we decided it would be best to hold off on filming and do it after the break. This way we would be able to have consistent settings. Not only would the setting be different, but we wouldn't be able to collaboratively film together. This element was extremely important to us because all of our ideas went into making this film and it would only make sense if we all helped with directing, videography, etc. Branching off of one another's ideas is exactly how we created our story and completed our process up to this point. With that being said, my team and I are preparing to begin filming as soon as possible. Tomorrow is already the start of December and we planned on completing this  project around January. We have gathered materials and hope to start in the coming week. We have followed CDC guidelines and have tested negative and/or quarantined for 2 weeks. We plan on checking temperature before coming in contact with each other and are keeping masks, sanitizer, and wipes with us. All three of us have been so excited about this movie and it's finally time to begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment