Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog: Music Video

This past weekend, my group and I had the opportunity to film some of our scenes. However, we decided to film this week and this weekend instead for a couple of reasons. For one reason, in our original schedule, we planned on filming on November 26th because our entire group is involved in our school’s band program. There was a field trip this weekend to Orlando and one of our members happened to be going on the band trip so we knew we couldn’t film without her. It was an annual football game called the Florida Classic. The event consists of a battle of the bands and the football match. Another issue we ran into is an injury. While competing in a soccer match, I sprained my ankle severely. I’m now on crutches for a week so we wanted to wait until I was more comfortable on them. This way i could still be in the video just on crutches.

The plan is to film on Wednesday or any other time this weekend. Originally, we were going to film on Tuesday however, my parents weren’t able to pick us up from school. We will still be filming at my house for the living room scene on Wednesday. We will still also be filming in the car on the way to the Sawgrass Mall and at the mall. We had an idea to possibly film just in the car and at the mall on Wednesday so we don’t have to deal with the amount of people shopping for the holidays on the weekend and so we can focus on one thing at a time. However, we think it’s a better idea to try and film in one day so we can have time to edit accordingly. Since I have finished explaining what is happening with our schedule, I would like to go into more depth with the overall music video layout. The music video will start in either my room or living room which is where we will be meeting. In this scene we are listening and speaking about the song. Then, there will be a shift to where we change clothes.

We will then begin filming outside to show us dancing around and lip syncing to the car. Next, we will film in the car where the song will continue and we will continue to dance and sing. After this, we will reach our final destination of the Sawgrass Mills Mall. Here, all of the store scenes will be filmed. We are aiming for it to get somewhat dark while filming so the Christmas decorations at the mall will show. Although I need to run this idea by my partners, I thought maybe the video could go back and forth between daylight and night time. The only issue with this is that the video would no longer make chronological sense. I do believe it would look cool if the videos shots went back and forth though. Overall we are prepared to film and can’t wait for how the video is going to turn out. Hopefully, we can top our commercial project!

No comments:

Post a Comment